Stray Animals

Use Your Animal Control Officer

For your safety, stray animals should always be brought to the shelter by an Animal Control Officer. If there is a strange cat or dog wandering around outside your home, or you can’t find your pet, call him/her first. They are contracted and paid by the towns to pick up all stray dogs and cats, so put your tax dollars to work and use them! 

Download the full list of ACOs by town below!

Did you know?

If you find an animal, instead of bringing it to us yourself, give your local ACO a call first—this is especially important if the animal is sick or injured because each town's ACO is contractually obligated to bring it to the vet for treatment before it comes to the shelter.